We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We will only use the personal information you provide, per this policy, when using our products or services.
We may need to update this policy from time to time. Any updated versions would include a revised date, and the policy would be effective from that date. We may notify you of a policy change, but we advise you to visit this page to stay updated. If you have questions, please contact the team at [email protected].
This policy is effective from 10.05.2022 and was last updated on 27.05.2022.
What does this policy cover?
- The information we collect and process
- How we process your information
- What legal bases do we use to process your information
- How long do we keep your information
- Your privacy rights
- Beam’s contact information
1. What information do we collect and process?
Personal information that you provide to us:
We collect the personal information you provide to us when you want to use our product or services, express an interest in our products or services, or contact our team directly.
Our information depends on your interactions with our product, services, or team. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Job title
- Phone number
- User name
- Contact and opt-in/out preferencesBilling address
- Debit/Credit card details
We do not process sensitive information beyond what is listed above.
Social media login data:
All personal information you provide to us must be true, accurate and complete. You must notify us of any changes. Please email [email protected] if you wish to update or make changes your personal information that we store.
Information we may automatically collect:
We use tools like Google Analytics to improve the customer experience. This information allows us to improve the safety and security of our websites. We collect information when you visit our websites, but this does not include your name or contact information.
We collect information through cookies and similar technologies. The information we collect typically includes:
- IP address
- Browser, operating system, and device information
- Language preferences
- Location information (typically country and city, but we do have the ability to gather precise details depending on your device settings)
- Referring URLs
- Usage information such as pages you’ve visited, actions you may have taken and time stamps
We cannot use any of this information to identify you personally.
Where is this information stored:
We store the data we collect using third-party tools such as CRMs and databases. Any information we hold is only accessible directly by a small number of authorised Beam team members. The third parties that we use may store your data in locations outside of the UK and EEA. We carefully review each supplier to ensure they handle data according to this policy.
2. How do we process your information?
We process your information to provide and improve our products and services. We also process your information to communicate with you for security reasons and comply with the law. We may also process your data for other purposes with your permission.
We process your data for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our product and services, including:
- To facilitate account creation, authentication and account management.
- To deliver the services you have requested.
- To respond to inquiries and to support you.
To fulfil and manage any purchases you make with us.
- To solicit feedback on the product or service, you are using.
- To send you marketing and promotional material.
- To protect and secure our products and services.
- To identify usage trends.
- To determine the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
- To prevent harm to individuals.
To receive marketing material, we require you to ‘opt-in’ and consent. This material typically includes help guides, suggestions on how to get the best of our product and services, discounts and promotional offers. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time.
To unsubscribe from marketing materials, click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all marketing emails or contact us via [email protected]. You will be removed from the requested mailing lists but may still communicate with you via transactional emails and notifications. Transactional emails and notifications may look like marketing material. Still, their purpose is to communicate service messages necessary for usage and management of your account or non-marketing purposes. This could include the following:
- Acknowledgement of an account set up
- Payment related information
- Issues related to your account, billing or usage
- Notifications related to account activity such as cancellation, upgrades and downgrades
3. What legal bases do we use to process your information?
We will only ever process your personal information when necessary and when we have a valid, legal reason, including:
- Processing with your consent
- Complying with laws
providing you with the services you’ve requested
- Protecting your rights
fulfilling our legitimate business interests
If you are in the UK or EU, GDPR requires us to explain the legal basis we rely on to process your information, including:
- Performance of a contract
- Legitimate interests
- Legal obligations
- Vital interests
4. How long do we keep your information?
We keep your information as long as necessary to provide you with our products and services unless otherwise required by law.
We remove your personal information from our databases within five years past the termination of your account or contract with us. When we do not need to process your data, we will delete or anonymise your information.
5. Your privacy rights
In some regions, you have greater rights, access and control over your personal information, meaning you may review, change or remove it. If you have any questions or requests, please contact [email protected], and we will act per the applicable data protection laws.